Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced Geo-Environmental Engineer to join their established team in Preston, and work on a wide range of projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Geo-Environmental and Geotechnical Consultancy within a highly regarded, long established, specialist Site Investigation group of companies with offices nationwide.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to become Chartered in the next year or two. The successful candidate would ideally have:
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in an Environmental related subject.
- Experience in contaminated land investigation in the UK. (Senior status depends of knowledge and experience)
- A strong technical background in the investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land.
- Technical Report writing experience of Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 stages of investigation.
- Knowledge of generic and site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, soil waste classification, validation, etc.
- Experience and understanding of current UK legislation for contaminated land.
- Some geotechnical knowledge, particularly with regard to foundation assessment, would be ideal.
- Experience of logging soils to BS5930/Eurocode 7.
- Full UK drivers licence. The main responsibilities of the successful candidate would be:
- Providing geo-environmental expertise and advice to the Group's area offices on a wide range of projects.
- Producing Technical Reports: Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Intrusive Geo-Environmental Reports, Phase 3 Remediation Statements, Phase 4 Validation Reports on a wide range of projects.
- Liaising with and providing geo-environmental consultancy advice to Clients.
- Liaison with Contaminated Land Officers, Environment Agency etc.
- Designing investigation and remediation schemes.
- Peer review of external reports.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.