Senior Drainage or Infrastructure Engineer
- Posted 11 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineHighways, Transport & Infrastructure
- Contact NameTony Hutt
Are you a Drainage and Infrastructure Engineer looking for the next step in your career or for a new challenge? If so, then this job opportunity might be for you.
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for a (Senior) Drainage & Infrastructure Engineer to accompany our team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. You will have involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects, working from early planning to end delivery phase.
This job comes with an opportunity for progression to the management team.
Role and responsibilities
Your typical day will normally comprise leading your project team in the development of drainage or infrastructure schemes from concept to detailed design in accordance with the current standards, industry best practices and our internal Quality Management System. This could involve your development and or checking of Drainage Strategies, Flood Risk Assessments, Highway Schemes, Levels designs, the production or checking of design calculations, scheme details, and drawings. You will compile or assist in the production of technical specifications and general project information.
Part of the day-to-day work may also include the management and supervision of schemes of varying size, developing, and agreeing design fundamentals with other members of the project team, the development of fee proposals and assisting less experienced members of staff with technical problems.
Occasionally you will need to undertake site investigations / inspections, represent the company at meetings and liaise with external project team members to meet project deadlines.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- A Degree in Civil Engineering with a min. of 5 year of experience in Drainage and Infrastructure design.
- Experience with, and or knowledge of S38, S278, S104, S106 and S185 agreements, flood risk assessments and drainage strategies.
- Experience with SuDS features.
- Experience with Highway and Private Development Infrastructure schemes, road alignments, crossfalls, visibility splays, being conversant in designing to Highways for Adoption etc.