Senior Building Control Officer
Initial 3-month contract
£400 P/D (Umbrella Rate)
We have a fantastic new rolling contract opportunity for a Senior Building Control Surveyor in West Midlands.
What will you do?
- Be responsible for and to manage their own work in consultation with the Building Control Manager, ensuring that the services provided are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- To maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of appropriate legislation, the Building Regulations and Approved Documents.
- To prepare statements of evidence on Building Regulation matters and to give evidence on behalf of the Council at examinations in public, court, public inquiries and informal hearings and where necessary act as an expert witness.
- To assist the Building Control Manager with the audit and review of processes and procedures.
- To assist the Building Control Manager in the implementation of service and operational plans and to ensure information is collected and maintained regarding targets and performance as required.
What do you need?
To be successful in your application for this role you will need to demonstrate the following on application and through the interview process:
·Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution (i.e., RICS, CABE, CIOB)
·2+ years' experience in the Building Control industry
How will you benefit?
Should you be successful in securing this exciting opportunity, you will benefit from a 3-month rolling contract rates to be discussed based on qualification and experience level.
What to do next?
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a growing local authority. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Melanie Cole 02393876088.