What we need
We are looking for a capable Travel Planner to assist our client, a busy local authority in the South East.
The Travel Planning Team supports schools, communities and workplaces with the development and implementation of their travel plans which aim to encourage more children and adults to travel actively and sustainably. We are looking for a dedicated individual who can assist these organisations with their travel plans, and support the team with other functions e.g. marketing, air quality, mapping and so on. Through this role you will need to liaise with both external and internal agencies and stakeholders to ensure a holistic approach.
You should have relevant experience at an appropriate level in transport planning or a related discipline, have excellent communication and presentation skills, and be able to prioritise your workload effectively. You must be able to meet the travel requirement of this role.
What you will do
Contribute to and support the delivery of the authorities Travel Planning service, under the behavioural change programme, My Journey Hampshire, in order to promote, inform, inspire and enable a positive change in travel behaviour and physical activity across the area and beyond.
- Support with the research and development of the authorities travel plan development for inclusion in the Local Transport Plan, District Statements and other similar policies and strategies. This may also include work on behalf of other Local Authorities or external clients, and will draw upon the feedback and observations experienced by end users.
- Assist with the management of consultations with key internal and external stakeholders in developing travel plans.
- Supporting schools, workplaces and communities through the travel planning process with the use of Modeshift STARS and STARSfor- an online travel planning and accreditation system.
- Assist with the writing and approval of individual travel plans, for either voluntary or planning purposes, with a focus on quality and effectiveness.
What you will need to succeed
- A-Level or equivalent level qualification or experience
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and complexities of travel and transport, and the impact that this can have on both physical and mental health, personal and road safety, congestion and air quality.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a wide range of audiences.
- Experience at the appropriate level in travel planning or other relatable discipline
- Good presentation skills
- An ability to influence and persuade others.
- To be passionate about what the team aims to achieve and want to make a difference to the residents of Hampshire and demonstrate this through your previous experience.
- Being a good team player and also be able to work independently without supervision.
- To meet the travel requirements of the job
·A good knowledge and proven experience of using GIS mapping software to with postcode analysis and similar mapping exercises.
·A Degree or equivalent level qualification or experience in fields of work that would be of relevance or interest to the team
·Experience of working on a behavioural change campaign
·Experience and knowledge of working in a political environment
What to do now
If you are interested in this job and match the criteria described, please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
£20 - 25 per hour
23 days ago
What we need