Job Role - Safety Engineer (Nuclear/Defence)
Location - Derby (Hybrid options)
Contract Length - 6 Months
Pay Rates - Up To £60 hour (dependent on Experiences)
I am looking for candidates that can work on the safety justification and optimization for life extension on classified projects in the submarine and defence sector.
This role will be working on changing out old parts and ensuring new parts have been through all relevant checks.
The successful candidates will also be asked to work on PWR 2 and 3 systems within there work so if you have worked with these systems before that would be greatly beneficial.
- Supervise and produce reports including calculations, analyses, and designs to demonstrate acceptable performance or identify design issues
- Author and update major technical documents to present technical findings (e.g. design substantiation reports, safety justifications)
- Lead requirements capture activities to identify the scope of work required
- Liaise with plant operators, designers and maintainers
- Support bidding activities and produce proposal documents
- Manage task delivery against Time, Cost and Quality requirements
- Lead presentations to clients
- Lead or work within project teams (though some independent work, including placements at clients' sites, may be required)
- Take responsibility for the quality and delivery of your own work and maintain reputations
- Degree-qualified or equivalent in a science, or engineering subject (physics, or mechanical, electrical, chemical or process engineering).
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality, complex technical solutions in challenging timescales.
- The ability to apply existing technical expertise and a sound understanding of engineering principles to varied projects and domains.
- A desire to be challenged and to contribute to the success of the business.
- Detailed knowledge of the design aspects of PWR systems.
- Appreciation of PWR nuclear components and equipment, ie. Valves, Installations, Vessels, Heat Exchangers or Pumps.
- An understanding of systems safety assessments and tools (e.g. Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, reliability modelling).
- Experience in Safety Justification authoring and safety case development.
The successful candidate will require UK security clearances which is only obtainable for sole UK nationals so please bare this in mind when applying. If you have current clearances that will make the process a lot faster and smoother.