Are you a highly experienced Cost Management professional with experience in the Property and Infrastructure sector?
About the company
We are supporting one of the world’s leading cost and project management consultancies with a search for a Regional Director (Cost Management) to join their highly successful and growing team in the North East.
You will be joining a growing and ambitious team who focus on the Property and Infrastructure sectors and benefit from a diverse range of projects upto £100m+ in value.
About the role
The successful candidate will be a highly competent and ambitious Cost Management professional who is a proven business leader and demonstrated operational and business development acumen in previous roles.
This role will involve managing and planning resources, leading innovation, setting quality and fostering a collaborative, professional and positive working environment. This role will also involve significant local business development activity and inter-action with other offices in the region.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Contribute to the review, updating and implementing the business plan, developing business opportunities in line with the business strategy and looking for market opportunities.
- Take responsibility for industry and Infrastructure Key Accounts, including developing relationships, identifying opportunities and pipeline, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Undertake networking including attending events as applicable to enhance the brand in the local marketplace.
- Responsibility for developing clients in the industrial and infrastructure sectors
- Supporting national sector growth agenda
- Collaboration with other offices, service streams, sectors and the wider business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage.
People & Management:
- Managing, coaching and leading high performing teams including confidently dealing with performance related issues.
- A member of the Operations Management team responsible for all aspects of the operational performance and governance of the North East team.
- Managing project accounts/governance and fee management activities and supporting colleagues in ensuring projects are commercially successful, including any fee negotiations with clients due to scope variations.
- Being accountable for the success of your own profit and loss account.
- Managing and leading productivity and planning resources for future commissions, projects or business demands.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
Required qualifications & experience:
- Ideally a Member/Fellow of RICS/APM or similar qualification.
- Knowledge of the industry in the North East region with a recognised profile across the region.
- Experience in a range of sectors including Infrastructure, Property and Industry.
- Experience working in a large consultancy or client organisation.
- Possess confident business development skills, understand the external market and forward workload in the Tees Valley region.
- Track record of winning and developing new business opportunities
- Experience in preparing bids and tendering.
How to Apply
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, then please process an application today to avoid missing out. If you are not ready to formally apply, then give me a call for a confidential chat about the role on 07719422686.