Are you an assistant or experienced Quantity Surveyor based in Essex with knowledge of NEC form of contract?
Would you be keen on a career within the Highways Sector?
If so I'd be keen to hear from you.
My client is a leading highways service provider to local authorities across the UK, who are now looking to recruit an experienced or assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their Essex based team.
With over 16 years experience in providing road network management solutions to local authorities and supporting thousands of miles of highways, footways, public rights of way and street lights, they excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through their passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team in Essex to assist in the delivery and governance of commercial services to the Essex Highways Partnership.
Working as part of the major projects and flooding team, you will work with the supply chain and designers on projects spanning the Essex area to include new roads, upgrades to roundabouts, crossing improvements, footways and drainage adaptations amongst others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Commercial responsibility and ensuring robust commercial processes are in place and always adhered to
- Managing the supply chain, ensuring timely payment assessments are made and that change control / management is strictly adhered to
- Liaising with the Client including regular reporting on cost, cash, risk and opportunities vs the allocated budget
- Liaising closely with the Design and Operational teams (i.e. Supervisors and Project Managers)
The Successful candidate will have:
- A solid understanding of all main forms of NEC contract
- An understanding of cost and contract management systems (such as Microsoft D365 and CEMAR or equivalent systems). Training on any contract specific systems shall be provided.
- An understanding of civil engineering and highways measurement principles
- Experience in both self-time management and the recruitment of additional resources to meet varying workloads based on the availability of budgets
Candidates with no Highways specific experience will also be considered, although it is essential you demonstrate strong understanding of NEC form of contract as well as experience in the construction or civil sectors.
Assistant Quantity Surveyors looking to progress must also be familiar with the above with a minimum 2 years experience as Assistant.
- £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Company Car or Car allowance
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Work within the Essex area only
- Strong progression and promotion prospects
Short listing is already taking place with the view to offering successful candidates before month end.
To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745530959 for more information.