Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Kent, Rochester
Salary: Up to £60,000
My client is a dynamic and rapidly growing company in the surfacing industry, specializing in delivering multiple surfacing projects. They are currently seeking a highly motivated Quantity Surveyor to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a thriving organization and contribute to the successful delivery of their projects.
- Prepare accurate forecasts and meticulously review contracts, budgets, bills of quantities, and other commercial documentation.
- Conduct on-site measurements and ensure accurate measurement of drawings as required.
- Identify potential risks and evaluate control options, such as Early Warning Notices (EWNs), to mitigate project risks effectively.
- Manage the Application for Payment (AFP) and invoice process efficiently.
- Perform continuous cost analysis of work and provide timely reports to stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of the Month End process, ensuring accurate financial reporting.
- Effectively manage subcontractors, including contract administration, variations, and claims.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to apprentice/trainee commercial staff.
- Collaborate with clients, building positive relationships and negotiating to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Demonstrate a tenacious approach to work, effectively planning, organizing, and operating within tight deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and build strong relationships, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Utilize strong IT skills to manage and analyze project data effectively.
- Previous experience working within the Highways, Civil, or Surfacing sector, preferably with experience in various forms of the NEC form of contract.
- A strong collaborative team player who can contribute effectively to project teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with clients and negotiate for the benefit of all parties involved.
- A tenacious approach to work, with exceptional planning, organizing, and time management abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a customer-centric mindset.
- Proficiency in IT skills, including the use of relevant quantity surveying software.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.