Property Director

Posted 26 January 2024
Salary £100k per year
Job type Permanent - Full Time
Job duration15 Months
Discipline Property
Contact NameMelanie Cole

Job description

Property Director - Housing
£100k p/a FTC (INSIDE IR35 non-negotiable)
15 Month Contract (3-5 days would be considered)
NW Essex - Local Authority - Remote/Hybrid
What will you do?
Support the authority through a period of recent turmoil in the provision of repairs and maintenance and capital improvement works to its stock.  
·Working closely and collaboratively with UNSL and Norse to ensure ongoing delivery until end March 2025.
·Procuring and deploying alternative (relatively small scale/focused/occasional) step-in arrangements for any areas of work that UNSL proves unable to provide in its final year of operation, in line with the agreed basis on which the JV was established, including clawing back/withholding relevant sums from the annual £9 million payments.
·Finalising over the next few months the best long-term model for alternative provision post UNSL/from April 2025 onwards, gaining agreement of our leading elected Members by summer 2024.
·Leading the procurement of this new alternative provision model from summer 2024, having it in place and operating from April 2025, and overseeing the smooth transition and handover from UNSL.
·April to July 2025 - Overseeing the post-mobilisation phase to ensure a seamless provision under the new arrangements.
·Building and recruiting an appropriate new client function within UDC, including ensuring necessary IT provision, and also including recruiting a new permanent senior housing property manager to head this client function and carry forward the business as usual arrangements from 2025.
What do you need?  
To be successful in your application for this role you will need to demonstrate the following on application and through the interview process:  
·UK Resident
·Substantial property management experience and knowledge covering both repairs and maintenance, and capital improvements.
·MUST have experience within a social landlord (either local authority or housing association) as intimate familiarity with the regulatory framework and expectations from DLUHC, the Housing Ombudsman and the Regulator of Social Housing is essential.
·A property qualification (e.g. RICS), rather than a CIH (though obviously dual membership would be a bonus).