£42k - 45k per year + benefits
My client is a large infrastructure and utilities company who service the public and private sector. Working on major projects. They are a leader in the Utilities sector working across The Water, Gas, Power and Telecoms industry and work with some of the largest Utilities providers in the UK.
They are currently looking for a Project manager to work in Northampton. The Project Manager is responsible for the managing the processes to ensure the smooth running of planning, scheduling, and staff. You will also be responsible for budget management Safety, Quality and control.
The role will require someone to liaise with local authorities, other departments and work closely with the client.
You will be responsible for the following:
- The coordination and organization of civil teams – working with the scheduling manager
- Oversee the sites are safe and compliant with NRSWA, ensuring Supervisors regularly visit sites to check safety
- Ensure H&S is met at the yard and equipment is safe to go on site – regular contact with the yard manager is required
- Identify any risks within the contract, mange them and report if necessary
- Supply reports on a monthly basis to the directors
- Manage day to day operations
- Carry out audits in the individual areas to ensure they are working efficiently, cost effectively and safely
- Be the point of contact for customer complaints
- Work closely with the client – Be their first point of contact
- Organise vehicles, hire of vehicles and fleet maintenance – Keeping in regular contact with the fleet team
- Work with other project managers to standardise process and evaluate and develop best practice
- Take responsibility for the overall H&S standards on sites
Skills and qualifications
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication
- IT skills Inc. MS Office
- Ability to build relationships
- Full UK Driving License
- H&S knowledge within Highways
- Degree educated (Desirable)
- NRSWA experience
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.