Location: Horsham / Brighton
Annual Salary: Negotiable dependent on skillset and experience - up to £40k
Additional: Company pension scheme, annual holiday allowance
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a large contractor working in a buoyant area of the Utilities market. They specialise in work within the water sector and have an excellent reputation for delivering work in a timely and professional manner.
They are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to assist in the smooth planning of work and to ensure all works are delivered to the required contract program, achieving contractual SLA's and ensuring efficient planning by providing correct information at the right time. Ensuring that the clients and customers' expectations are met by delivering a first-class service. Building relationships and enhancing reputation of the company with stakeholders and local authorities.
- Liaise with and assist team of Project Managers, obtaining information to enable works to be planned and carried out.
- Provide advice and training on subject matter expert areas to Project Managers.
- Obtain information such as utility stats, street information, landowner details, Public Rights of Way records and network information (from GIS) etc. to assist at pricing, design and construction phases.
- Ensure all jobs are planned and coordinated so they run as efficiently as possible.
- Develop systems and processes to ensure efficient flow of work information, resource allocation and best quality delivery.
- Issue whereabouts (tracking works locations and internal and external resource on site) to relevant parties
- Place requests for plant and materials on behalf of the project managers.
- Maintain oversight of planned works and resource allocation, using programme reports and liaison with PMs, reporting to Head of Planned Works and commercial team on any potential conflicts or underutilization of resources.
- Ensure information is available digitally and on site as required.
- Liaise with streetworks team and PM to schedule and close permits from Local Authorities as required. Monitor and respond to permit updates.
- Previous utilities experience
- Previous construction planning experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding on obtaining Gas/Electric/Line Search/BT Drawings
- Experienced in managing and delivering streetworks and traffic management requirements
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.