Our client is a dedicated, high-quality consultancy specialising in a range of construction industry sectors. They specialise in Retail and services include Highways Engineering and Programme Management supported by a dedicated Project Management Service.
Our client is a small business, with modern offices on the outskirts of Huddersfield, with great motorway access.
Priding themselves on great communication, developing long-term working relationships and continually finding ways to improve our service to meet the business objectives of our clients whilst minimising impact on our client's core business activities.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic Programme Manager with experience in retail and a 'can do' attitude to lead our retail 'roll-out' type programmes and provide support to the wider business. On offer is rapid progression in the business, along with an excellent benefits package.
- The management of all aspects of multiple roll-out type projects from start to finish; project funding, planning, design, construction, operation, and handover of multiple projects working to a series of pre-determined goals and objectives always with the client's requirements in mind.
- Through engagement and consultation with clients and stakeholder's developing the programme and 'Key Event Schedules'
- High level of communication across all levels of management, to develop and establish a brief for the project that clearly defines all objectives.
- Driving stakeholder performance to meet objectives, monitoring progression and reporting progress.
- Setting measurable objectives and timelines of all elements within the projects; and managing other consultant disciplines and contractors to ensure satisfactory outcomes.
- Maintaining records and work folders - ensuring all work is checked and appropriately approved for distribution.
- Managing of all retail construction / pre-development projects in a live environment.
- Chair and lead meetings, both internally and externally to capture actions and ensure these are closed out in a timely manner.
- Management of design teams, cost management consultants and contractors to ensure timely completion within budget and timelines.
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills.
- Able to operate under own initiative and share ideas for making process improvements.
- Able to analyse data and programme trends and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Delivers consistently high-quality work output to the customer.
- Shows confidence to challenge poor practice.
- Excellent influencing skills and a confident communicator.
- Considers and adapts to the conflicting needs of all stakeholders.
- Builds strong relationship and develops high performing teams.
- Works collaboratively with all colleagues and stakeholders to deliver operational excellence.
- Maintains professional and effective working relationships with clients to deliver operational excellence to help develop new business opportunities.
- Experienced working with retail clients / Managing roll-out type programmes.
- Holds full driving license and own car with ability to travel within the UK.
- Skilled at Project & Programme Management / Strategic Planning
- Contract Administration
- Financial budgeting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent time management / workload prioritising
- Excellent organisational skills - scheduling, planning etc
- Excellent attention to detail
- Client focused approach
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Ability to analyse data and situations and come up with creative solutions
- Base understanding of CDM Regulations
- Can do / make it happen attitude
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Commercial awareness
- A logical and practical mind
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Perkbox (Discounts at major retailers, Health Assured - Employee Assistance Programme, etc.)
- Life Insurance cover (3 times salary), includes Smart Health (24/7 virtual GP, mental health support, a health check, a nutritionist consultation, expert second medical opinions, and personalised online fitness programmes), Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- 25 Holidays (Christmas: the office is closed for 1 week, retain 3 holidays)
- An extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Option to buy additional holidays
- Wellness programme
- Training paid for (subject to training agreement)
- Professional fees paid
- Cycle to work Scheme available
- Tech Scheme available
- Salary Sacrifice pension contribution up to 3% (to meet government requirements)
- Paid bank holidays
- On-site parking
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.