An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal Highway Engineer to come and join a busy Highway Design Team and work on various highway schemes in West Yorkshire.
As the experienced Principal Highway Engineer you will:
- Undertake, and supervise others to undertake, the detail design of major highway schemes for which an understanding highways and drainage design is needed.
- Project management approach in delivery of projects.
- In-depth knowledge and experience to prepare and organize all stages of scheme construction, including demonstrating clear understanding and application Health and Safety related practices including CDM, safety & risk management. IEE Regs and BS7671.
- Work with Transportation /Major Projects colleagues / Consultants to develop and / or check concept plans, and prepare detail design and construction drawings from project briefs.
- Prepare, and supervise others in the preparation of, contract drawings and documentation for the major highway schemes you are involved in.
- Get involved in other work across the Design team, which may involve schemes generated from; agreements made under Section 38, 278 or 106 of the Highways Act, Maintenance and Safety.
- Undertake, and supervise others in the supervision of schemes being undertaken on site, and keep clear and accurate records of your daily activities
- Work well leading and as part of a team, and demonstrate a customer focused approach and have excellent relationship management skills.
- Take responsibility and accountability for the delivery of projects and outputs of your teams.
- Have the competence to use IT systems including, Microsoft Office suite, GIS based mapping systems, and an understanding of AutoCAD.
This opportunity is remote working and IT equipment will be supplied however there may be the odd site visit when necessary.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.