Planner - Utilities
We currently have an exciting opportunity with our client, a forward-thinking Utilities contractor delivering a wide range of utility contracting services across London and the South East of England. They are looking for an experienced Planner to join their well-established team. This role will be based out of their offices in Enfield and you will be responsible for planning and co-ordinating the work allocation to utilities gangs as well as liaising with local authorities around permits for work.
You will ensure all work is delivered to the required contract's program and that all contractual SLA's are achieved. It will be necessary to ensure planning is undertaken efficiently, utilising the full workforce and that all client and customers' expectations are met by delivering the highest level of service.
Responsibilities of the role
- Liaise with teams, supervisors and Operatives providing accurate information, job details to enable works to be carried out.
- Monitor backlogs to ensure contractual priorities are met.
- Ensure all jobs are planned and coordinated so they run as efficiently as possible.
- Create NRSWA permits to Local Authorities and ensure that the notices meet legislative requirements.
- Monitor and respond to permit updates (PMR's/S74's/AIV's/Inspection).
- Deal with all requests from the client promptly, efficiently and courteously and keep the client's and customers updated with progress prior to and throughout and after the works.
- Monitor the progress of all gangs working on the designated contract and update the related company and Client systems.
- Resolving any planning queries or issues.
What you'll need
- Knowledge of Street Manager system
- Previous planning experience
- Previous experience within utilities environment would be desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Customer Service Awareness
- Understanding on obtaining Gas/Electric/Line Search/BT Drawings
- Understanding of streetworks and traffic management requirements
What you'll get
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Company Pension
- Online shopping discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
This role is likely to be highly sought after, so if you are interested please apply with your CV or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.