OHL Design Engineer - HV
With 66 years experience as an international consultancy, 14 offices across Europe, and 1000 dedicated employees, what better place to either start, continue, or grow your career and goals?
The OHL Design Engineer role will be responsible for all design elements of new build and refurbishment of overhead transmission lines in the UK.
The candidate must have experience in the production of all designs, calculations, reports & drawings associated with the new build or refurbishment of overhead line projects from 11kV – 400kV. They will also have experience in design of OHL with PLS-CADD and PLS-Tower.
- Produce detailed OHL design packages, compliant to required client and national technical standards.
- Prepare calculations and technical/equipment specification documentation.
- Execute complex assignments requiring the use of advanced techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment, and/or technological methods.
- Undertake consultancy role on FEED stage projects, including production of technical reports and presentations.
- Maintain compliance to CDM Regulations and all other legal and regulatory requirements associated with the nature of substation/P&C and electrical system design.
- Manage the delivery of projects in accordance with Management Systems to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets.
- Overall OHL design with PLS-CADD in accordance with BS-EN 50341.
- Production and checking of detailed drawing for the OHL design.
- Experience in HV OHL engineering design in the electricity transmission & distribution sector, including this experience being on UK transmission system related projects.
- Knowledge of engineering design management best practices with ability to implement this knowledge
- Experience in PLS-CADD, PLS-Tower is essential
- Understanding of the requirements of relevant UK Health & Safety legislation relating to design and construction work in the electricity supply industry.
- Thorough understanding of current Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
- Experience of working in a lead substation design role on SPEN and SSEN projects in the UK.
- Knowledge and experience applying SSEN, National Grids Technical Specification, Technical Guidance Notes, and Design Handbooks relating to UK overhead line design.
- £40,000-£50,000 PAYE DOE
This is a permanent position which will have the following benefits
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development
For more information, please call Ann-Marie at Carrington West on 02394314916