What we need
We are currently assisting our client, a busy local authority in the South East, to find an experienced and reliable Engineer to Supervise work being delivered on site by the council and their contractors. The work due to start in April 2021 is an initial 6-month contract with likely scope for extension.
What the job is for
This job will be supervising the delivery of engineering works on a number a highway improvement and construction sites across the Hampshire region. The work will be under NEC4 contract conditions so previous experience of working with these contracts is highly desirable.
What your responsibilities will be
- Attend pre-start meeting with contractor, client, highway authority.
- Ensure the contractor complies with all pre-start requirements that are obligations of the authority.
- Maintain a full-time presence on site to monitor:
- Adherence of the construction to the design
- Suitability of any contractor-proposed changes
- Quality of the works
- Progress of the works
- Health and safety (including traffic management)
What you will need to succeed:
- NEC4 contract condition experience.
- A good understanding of Highways Engineering and designs
- Ability to demonstrate Highways engineering experience on site.
- General knowledge of Engineering, Highways and transport policies and associated legislation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work without close supervision
- Ability to keep good work records
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering
What you will get in return:
Working in some fantastic locations and being paid £33.00 - £38.00 per hour (negotiable), this will be an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supervision Engineer to join a strong Highways Engineering team.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.