Mobile Fitter - Plant
Location: Based in Horsham (covering Hampshire, Sussex, and Kent)
Hours: 07:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Annual Salary: Up to £35,000 dependant on experience
Additional: Company van provided for use during work hours
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a large contractor working in a buoyant area of the Utilities market.
They are currently looking for a Mobile Fitter with excellent communication skills, good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Well versed in the cosmetic and working systems of plant and vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. A work van and tools will be provided that will operate out of our Horsham depot.
Plant specific training will be given if required.
- The role involves carrying out inspections of owned vehicles, plant and tools in accordance with the requirements of all statutory legislation and company policies ensuring it is fit for purpose.
- Schedule preventative maintenance and inspections for all plant and vehicle assets aiming to minimise down time and increase longevity.
- Undertake plant and vehicle maintenance / servicing in accordance with manufacturers specifications (replacing fluids, filters, lubricating parts, cosmetic repairs), diagnose faults and repair by fixing / replacing faulty parts, as necessary.
- Keep accurate records of all inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Risk asses working environments, always use appropriate PPE as required ensuring safe working practices.
- Ability to work on own and in a collaborative manner with operational personnel as required.
- Mentor operational personnel in the safe use of small plant and power tools and pre-use checks.
- Plant and vehicle assets range from Stihl Saws, Small Plant Trailers, 3.5t Panel Vans, 7.5t Tippers, 3-ton excavators, Telehandlers, and everything in-between.
- Report damage caused by operator / driver misuse or abuse.
- Liaise with third party service providers for warranty and major work such as replacement clutches, engine rebuilds, electrical issues requiring main dealer diagnostics, tyres, and windscreen repairs / replacement.
- The role will require travel between our 7 depots based across Hampshire, Sussex and Kent.
- The contents of this job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. The job role holder will be expected to undertake additional duties commensurate with the business needs.
The successful candidate will have:
- A professionally recognised qualification in vehicle / plant maintenance and repair (NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent).
- A CSCS card will be advantageous but is not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and cosmetic components.
- Ability to handle various tools.
- Good communication and administration skills.
- Experience in a similar role within the last 2 years.
- Comfortable with computer software such as word, excel, etc. and using mobile applications for completing reports.
- A full driving licence is essential (towing and 7.5t entitlements an advantage).
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.