Job Title - Mechanical Steam Supply Engineer
Location - Hybrid with site visits in Bridgwater
Salary - up to £70,000 + company benefits (DOE)
I am looking to speak with the most qualified candidates across the UK that are experienced in the sector and are able to handle construction design queries, respond quickly and effectively, and deliver on schedule problem solutions to the wider delivery team.
This role will be working with the Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) team to produce accurate solutions with the joint design office and act as the intelligent customer to ensure the project runs smoothly and within tolerances.
- Responding to General Queries, Non-Conformances, Change Request, and Exemption Requests originating from the NSSS Contractor on site, with the support of the Responsible Designer or site Experts when needed.
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure the Nuclear Safety and Environmental Regulation requirements are met.
- Challenge design decisions so that engineering and design aligns with the project strategy.
- Assist in co-ordinating support from other external organisations.
- Contribute to the resolution and closure of Open Points.
- Assess technical risk and subsequently address this risk.
- Maintain a strong relationship with EDF Engineering (Responsible Designer)
- Report operationally to an Engineering Lead.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience applying multi-disciplinary technical knowledge within the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of the construction / installation industry.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including CDM and Nuclear Site License requirements.
- Experience in the understanding of welding engineering.
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders, particularly those in a site environment.
- Ability to work independently, be pro-active, report on and escalate relevant issues.
This role will go fast so if you are interested please do give me a call on 02393876037 or email me on email@example.com