Mechanical Design Engineer
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Cheshire (hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £45,000 p/a plus package
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer wo has worked within water treatment industry and is looking for a fresh new opportunity for the new year?
Carrington West are pleased to announce an exciting new role with our client who are leading water treatment specialist both within the UK and international markets. They are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to grow their portfolio and manage existing accounts.
You will be helping to lead and manage the design of new solutions for wastewater treatment systems using the clients patented technology, alongside supporting the development of new products and carrying out the normal duties of the Engineering department, including design, development, prototyping, engineering documentation, sourcing, estimating and advice.
- Provide conceptual solutions using 3D modelling to discuss with the business.
- Create 3D models of small wastewater treatment plants working from P & ID's and liaising with the Process Engineering team.
- Undertake material strength, fluid mechanics and other relevant calculations to validate your design including, material and component selection.
- Liaise with manufacturing to ensure the solution is 'Designed for Manufacture'.
- Liaise with the R & D technical team to ensure the solution meets the electrochemical requirements.
- Provide technical support to the business in relation to the product design and your area of expertise.
- Occasionally travel nationally or internationally to support on site commissioning of plant.
- To ensure you maintain awareness of relevant industrial developments.
- Keep up-to-date with new best practice.
- Mechanical Design Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 8 years working as an engineer with at least three years in a design team creating new products for process industry clients.
- Track record of product innovation
- Experience of best practice design methodology.
- 2D and 3D CAD proficient
- Experience of working within water and water treatment environments would be desirable.
The client are looking to move quickly on this position so if you feel you are suited to this role, then either apply via the advert, e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 02393876023 for further info.