Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Our client is a multinational engineering, design, planning, architectural design, project management and consulting services company. It is Headquartered in London. They are radically transforming the way infrastructure is designed, delivered and operated. The aim is to help create a world that is diverse, sustainable, full of thriving communities and working better for all. This is an amazing opportunity to get involved with a company dedicated to making the world better for all!
Currently seeking Mechanical Building Service Engineer to join the team!
This role will be based in the Glasgow/Warrington or Newcastle Office.
This 7 year framework, with the option of a further 3 years, will deliver specialist nuclear technical services valued between £250-million to £400-million to support DIO, Navy Command and other MOD organisations.
The framework will support the Clyde Infrastructure Programme (CIP) and wider Royal Navy and defence requirements. Its primary focus will be on delivering the refurbishment and upgrade of critical infrastructure at HMNB Clyde.
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs.
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standard software tools including Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Collaborate with our BIM team to prepare models and drawings, with a working understanding of Autodesk Revit
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Report and technical note writing.
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
- Managing own workload, updating forward plan of workload regularly and working to time allocations.
- Managing elements of project delivery and an understanding of budget costings.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or related subjects.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards CEng) with CIBSE or IMechE.
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools including IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, Navisworks, NBS and Microsoft packages.
- Aware of energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonising new and existing buildings.
- Awareness of the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
- Some awareness of designing for measurement and verification, including experience of commissioning and post installation evaluation of performance.
- Experience of working in a design consultancy and/or some experience of working within a contractor design environment is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of personal project deliverables, make decisions on developing the discipline design elements, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients will be useful.
- Comfortable working within time and cost budgets as agreed at project briefing meetings.
- £32.52ph UMB
- 37.5pw - 5 days a week
For more information please call Ann-Marie at Carrington West on 02394314916