Position: IPV Traffic Management Foreman - High Speed
Salary: Up to £47,000
Location : Thatcham
About the Role:
The IPV Traffic Management Foreman plays a critical role in ensuring the safe implementation and maintenance of temporary traffic management systems, such as road cones, signs, frames, and sandbags. The Foreman will be responsible for operating the Impact Protection Vehicle (IPV) and overseeing various tasks related to traffic management.
My client offers a highly competitive salary, with potential for overtime and an attractive OTE (on-target earnings). The salary may vary depending on location, skills, and experience, and successful candidates will also receive a welcome bonus of £500 in their first pay. In addition to the competitive pay, the company provides an array of benefits:
- 28 days of holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Uplift for weekend working
- Guaranteed Hours AND Job Security
- Company Pension scheme
- Free Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Access to the Internal Academy and Career Development programs
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discount scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme, offering £750 as a reward
- Fill Your Boots Rewards, which could save an average of £400 per year
- Opportunity to work with digitally enabled work zone safety solutions
- Career Development opportunities
- On-site free parking
Working Hours: The IPV Traffic Management Foreman will work 48 hours per week on night shifts, with the possibility of overtime.
- Safely operating the Impact Protection Vehicle (IPV) during traffic management operations.
- Deploying and maintaining traffic management equipment, including cones, signs, frames, and sandbags, on low-speed roads.
- Ensuring timely removal of equipment after the completion of roadworks.
- Performing traffic counts, communicating with clients and subcontractors, recording timings, and reporting any near misses to ensure smooth traffic flow and safety.
- Ensuring the proper functioning and maintenance of temporary traffic lights to control traffic during roadworks.
- Providing guidance and support to new trainees in learning and implementing traffic management procedures.
- Possess the necessary qualifications and certifications to operate an Impact Protection Vehicle (IPV).
- Hold a valid 12ab Foreman Qualification related to traffic management.
- Be familiar with Chapter 8 regulations and guidelines for temporary traffic management.
- Successfully pass a safety critical worker medical assessment to ensure physical fitness for the role.
- Hold a valid full driving license with no more than 6 penalty points.
- Successfully pass a drug and alcohol test as part of the company's safety protocols.
- Display a positive and proactive attitude towards work, contributing to a productive team environment.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in response to changing situations and work schedules.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail to ensure the accurate implementation of traffic management systems.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.email@example.com for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.