Job Title: Project Manager - Highways Construction Contracts
Salary: Up to £65,000
Location: West Midlands
As a Project Manager for the company, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing construction contracts in alignment with company objectives and procedures. Your key responsibilities include ensuring projects achieve financial, safety, quality, and environmental targets, pre-contract planning, compiling contract plans, managing resources, providing input to management meetings, delegating duties to the team, and contributing to company policies and procedures. Additionally, you will liaise with various stakeholders, handle contract administration, and provide technical and contractual advice. Your role also involves promoting a positive and safe work environment while supporting the company's sustainability and social value goals.
- Managing projects to achieve financial, safety, quality, and environmental targets.
- Pre-contract planning and coordination with estimators.
- Compiling contract plans, safety plans, method statements, risk assessments, and instructions for contract teams.
- Providing quality input to regional management and planning meetings.
- Contributing to the formulation of company policies and procedures.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with company SHEQ and other procedures.
- Updating the CRM & SLIDS database with contractual information.
- Maintaining, submitting, and archiving contract files and records.
- Providing accurate information for regional monthly contract appraisals and other reports.
- Liaising, negotiating, and meeting with clients, engineers, subcontractors, and others.
- Assisting with supply chain performance reviews.
- Accepting, approving, and issuing contracts and subcontracts.
- Monitoring, reviewing, issuing, and updating subcontract liabilities, applications, and payments.
- Identifying, evaluating, and managing claims and variations.
- Identifying tender and financial opportunities.
- Assisting with the preparation of quality bids, PQQs, and presentations.
- In-depth knowledge of current contract forms, acts, and legislation (NEC / JCT), CDM Regulations, and Employment legislation.
- Familiarity with SHEQ procedures in a construction environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong planning and programming skills.
- Accurate record-keeping abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal reporting skills.
- Financial acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Collaborative approach to communication with clients, supply chain, and contracts team.
- Ability to manage and develop operatives and other team members.
- Some experience in running multiple construction sites in a similar role.
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) certification.
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) Black Card.
- Degree/NVQ Level 5 or equivalent in a Civil Engineering/Construction related discipline (achieved or working towards).