Job Title: Experienced Highways Bridge Inspector
Salary: Up to £50,000
My client, the leading provider of civil infrastructure inspections in the UK, is actively seeking an Experienced Highways Inspector to join their accomplished team in London. With a long-standing track record of successfully handling complex access challenges, the company is renowned for its extensive expertise in inspecting critical infrastructure such as bridges, culverts, retaining walls, tunnels, and shafts across a variety of industry sectors, including Rail, Highways, Marine, Utilities, and Defence.
- Lead and conduct inspections and testing on a diverse range of civil infrastructure using various access disciplines, strictly adhering to industry-approved codes of practice. Structural types encompass bridges, buildings, retaining walls, and towers.
- Execute inspections in compliance with multiple inspection standards, including rail, highways, and defence.
- Collaborate closely with Inspection Engineers, overseeing the collection and submission of inspection reports.
- Ensure on-site activities strictly adhere to company procedures and established safe systems of work for each task.
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of competency requirements for junior inspectors.
- Take the lead in identifying and addressing equipment maintenance, servicing, or calibration needs.
- Actively contribute to the reporting and investigation of any accidents, incidents, or near misses.
- A competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
- Regular salary reviews to recognize your valuable contributions.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 23 days, in addition to bank holidays.
- Participation in our pension scheme through auto-enrollment.
- Exclusive access to our company benefits portal, offering discounts and perks in areas such as retail, fitness, holidays, and cinema.
- Comprehensive support provided through our employee assistance program.
- Life assurance coverage and access to a private healthcare scheme.
- Active participation in our employee recognition program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A solid track record of experience in civil or structures engineering, with a proven record of high-quality inspections.
- Demonstrated medical fitness, including the ability to pass pre-employment medical assessments and undergo ongoing medical checks, including Drug and Alcohol tests.
- Possession of a full, clean UK driving license.
- Proficiency in IT, particularly in Microsoft Office applications.