Job Title: Highways Site Engineer
Salary: Up to £39,000
Location: A417 - Gloucester
Working Hours: Site Hours - 7:30-18:00
Overall Purpose of The Role:
The Site Engineer is tasked with ensuring the accurate construction of works by overseeing setting out activities within allowable tolerances. This includes maintaining setting out points, benchmarks, instruments, and measuring equipment. Additionally, the Site Engineer provides engineering support, manages quality records, and assists in the implementation of safety and environmental management systems.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Manages Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality (SHEQ) matters within the designated areas of responsibility.
- Oversees design, pre-construction, and construction phases, ensuring adherence to contractual requirements.
- Supports the Section Engineer & Sub Agent roles and collaborates with the site team.
- Provides accurate project progress reports, site diaries, and as-built surveys.
- Collaborates with the Scheme Team to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Supervises site activities, including the management of sub-contractors.
- Implements and maintains safe systems of work in accordance with Kier Transportation - Major Projects SHEA Policy, legal requirements, and best practices.
- Experience working on a major highway project
- Comes from a major civils background.
- Possesses a CSCS card.
- Holds an SMSTS certification.
- Possesses a National Highways Passport.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.