Job Role - Head of Development (Energy Solutions)
Location - Reading (Can be flexible)
Salary - £110,000 + bonus and benefits (Experience Dependent)
This role offers a great opportunity to help deliver Net Zero by shaping how the client plays into the future energy market with an emphasis on business to business customers. This role leads out on identifying and executing on commercial partnerships that are strategically aligned with the clients ambition of helping its customers on their journey to Net Zero.
As the Head of Development you will lead all of Energy Customer Solutions work relating to non-core energy supply development within Great Britain. As a key member of the client central function, you will provide an essential link between the Strategy and Business Development team, Business Energy and other Business Units to contribute to effective planning and execution of client objectives.
This role will be the lead for ensuring expansion of the wider energy solutions in GB for the business to business customer base.
- Identify opportunities and partnerships to build long term value. You will lead the evaluation of potential business opportunities through competitive, financial, market and performance analysis, and strategic alignment.
- Responsible for shaping and ensuring delivery of the clients GB Corporate PPA ambition, including co-ordinating and aligning a cross business effort in developing the Corporate PPA proposition and executing CPPAs in GB, from product and commercial creation and negotiation to final execution in line with agreed targets.
- Lead the building of plans for market entry into new other non-core but energy adjacent opportunities including the development of commercial structures for market entry.
- Develop and maintain the key internal relationships between the Development team and the teams within, as well as across the Group, which are required to develop and deliver opportunities in GB.
- Identify, complete initial due diligence on, and co-ordinate contracting with third party partners required to deliver opportunities
- Advise and bring proposals to the Business Energy SLT and Customer ExCo on business development opportunities along with representing the client on external bodies and act as a main spokesperson at external events and conferences.
- Extensive experience working within a similar role with great knowledge of the energy markets, commercial drivers and public policy levers across GB.
- Leadership experience and ability to work in a matrix organisation.
- Demonstratable experience of both internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Creative and innovative thinking and execution of same.
- Ability to translate complex and technical information to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of taking business opportunities and scaling into profitable ventures