H&S Advisor - Construction / Utilities
Role: H&S Advisor
Salary: Up to £45k
Location: Cambridge (hybrid)
Hours: Flexible (may require travel and occasional stay away)
Type: Full-time permanent
Additional: 25 days annual leave, day off for birthday, company pension scheme
Carrington West are delighted to present an exciting new opportunity alongside our client who are an up and coming Utilities and Civil Engineering contractor who specialise in the in the construction and management of a range of utility connections including electrical, water and telecoms. In addition the Civil Construction arm of the business undertake work on a variety of schemes, from small foundations to full civil structures within Power generation and water management.
Due to continued growth within the business they are now looking for an experience H&S Advisor to join their established team and help assist and develop the implementation of systems that will be critical to the safe, responsible and efficient operation of the business in compliance with all statutory, industry and company standards, policies and procedures.
- Providing tools & training to drive a positive health & safety culture.
- Providing guidance, coaching and advice to operational leads staff to develop positive H&S behaviours.
- Driving accountability for strong HSE performance in all aspects of the operations.
- Providing support and expertise to line management on incident investigation and reporting.
- Working in partnership with operational leads & managers to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents & injuries
- Maintains company competency and training matrix.
- Undertake site audits to demonstrate compliance both internally and sub-contractors.
- Report HSE statistics and trends to Managing Director on a monthly basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of HSE related legislation and standards.
- Experience of delivering improved HSE performance.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and able to effectively interact and influence with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, and computer experience with database, spreadsheet, word processing and incident management software.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and without close supervision, whilst contributing to and supporting HSE team targets and objectives.
- Full Driving Licence
- NEBOSH Diploma / Certificate or IOSH membership.
- Knowledge of safety management systems and risk control tools.
- Knowledge of legislation, guidance and codes of practice relating to construction / civil engineering management.
- Understanding of ISO standards e.g. ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001.
- Previous experience within a construction / civil engineering role environment.
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.