Carrington West are assisting their local authority client-based in Devon in the search for a Senior GIS Officer. The post will be offered on a Permanent full-time basis with flexible working hours available.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the corporate address gazetteer which forms part of the national address data set. You will also provide technical support to the Street Naming and Numbering function of the Council and support the provision of the corporate Geographic Information System. As part of the ICT Services team, some work in supporting users in the operation of gazetteer software and Geographic Information Systems will be required.
·You will have at least two years' experience in a similar role, including working with databases, have excellent IT skills and be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Access. The ability to read and understand Ordnance Survey maps is essential to this role.
·As well as being a technically able person with a high attention to accuracy and detail, the successful candidate will need be an effective communicator at all levels, be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team, be adaptable and willing to learn new skills.
KEY CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
01. To represent the Council on matters regarding Local Land and Property Gazetteer management and maintenance and to act as the Council's Local Land and Property Gazetteer Custodian Officer
02. To ensure that any corporate information and other modernising Government initiatives fully incorporate the role of the LLPG and to promote the LLPG and its integration with other Council systems, as the Councils core property database.
03. To ensure the availability and proper use of appropriate mapping bases for the Council's business processes and to act as the Council's Principal Contact with Ordnance Survey.
04. To assist in the achievement of Best Value for the provision of Council Services.
KEY SERVICE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
01. To develop and keep under review a corporate land and property information strategy which incorporates a Land and Property Gazetteer compliant with BS7666.
02. To ensure quality assurance of the LLPG and in particular put in place measures and administrative systems to validate its correctness, currency, coverage and completeness.
03. To provide specialist support and advice to users and departments within the Council regarding integration of systems with the LLPG.
04. To keep BS7666 standard and national conventions under continuous review and to recommend the adoption of these or other local conventions as necessary to keep pace with changing needs and/or new standards.
05. To ensure that local and national conventions and BS7666 standards are fully adhered to in the maintenance process and to ensure that any local conventions adopted are reported to the NLPG Hub Provider National Custodian for assimilation into national conventions.
06. To ensure that the Council's statutory Street Naming and Numbering function is fully integrated with the maintenance procedure for the LLPG so that any changes arising are incorporated into the LLPG at the outset.
07. To act upon information received in respect of Planning and other consents and, where appropriate, to ensure that any changes are reflected in the LLPG. Where necessary, to carry out site inspections to identify the location of new and altered property as well as identifying land parcels.
08. To be responsible for producing and sending the necessary data transfer files to the national (NLPG) custodian.
09. Where necessary, notify changes, additions and deletions to the LLPG of properties and streets to other sections of the Council.
The successful candidate should have at least two years' experience in a similar or related role and educated to HNC/HND/BTEC/degree or equivalent national standard with knowledge of ArcGIS 8 or higher. Although not essential, a recognised qualification in GIS, knowledge of Cartology v.3.5 or higher, and experience in training users in the use of spatially enabled software would be desirable.
Interviews are to be scheduled ASAP so please do not hesitate to get in touch if this post is of interest.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £28,672 per/annum
Job Ref - 25278
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.