What we need:
Fleet Planner required for a contract role based near Leicester, supporting the business across a wide variety of Highways works.
This role has the possibility of being temp to perm, working on supporting the stakeholders and Highways teams.
Work will be based from their Leicester based site, with equipment provided and some hybrid working available.
Training will be provided but an initial knowledge in the sector would be beneficial.
Responsibilities and tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Cost effective distribution of our clients product to external and internal Customers.
- React quickly and efficiently to any unplanned events that affect adherence to program.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with all Stakeholders.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Create truck plans to enhance utilisation and efficiencies of internal and external fleet.
- Support the delivery of the regional logistics strategy.
- Identify and build effective links to influence and support cross border supplies.
- Ensure details of work, forward program and plans are communicated effectively to all stakeholders.
What you will need to succeed:
- Ability to work with a wide team of stakeholders across all regional functions.
- Can work as part of a team in a highly charged environment.
- Ability to explain the reasoning behind their planning decisions to other functions.
- Ability to make decisions within tight time frames without direct supervision.
- Highly adaptive style to cope with complex strategic, tactical & operational problems.
- High level of computer literacy preferably with transport planning experience, familiarity of SAP and Excel.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jay Cochrane at Carrington West on 02393 876073 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.