Document Controller - Utilities
We currently have an exciting opportunity with our client, a forward-thinking Utilities contractor delivering a wide range of utility contracting services across London and the South East of England. They are looking for an experienced Document Controller to join their well-established team. This role will be based out of their offices in Enfield and you will be responsible for a variety of document control activities.
Responsibilities of the role
- Support daily documentation/deliverable production and resolve issues arising in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update business processes, on behalf of your line manager.
- Monitor compliance with the document control procedures and where necessary, working with the Quality Manager to take steps to ensure that the required levels of discipline and control are maintained and improved upon.
- Provide a focal point of contact for document issue on your packages of work and support team in the production of client deliverables and other outputs, ensuring that no documents are issued the required internal governance and meeting client specified submission requirements.
- Ensure consistency of document submissions in adherence to the project document control procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of all project documents and support project staff in understanding their status.
- Distribute documents to the relevant project team members, ensuring they have the correct documents in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage access rights for the Document Management System ensuring that all project participants have access to the latest documents/drawings through the Document Management System, at the appropriate level of access.
- Apply the Document Management System for document control and where required make improvements to support project delivery and visibility of information.
- Maintain a full audit trail for all documents. Ensure the issue, receipt and acknowledgment of documentation
- File and archive all documents within the secure system.
- Ensure that as built, record drawings and operations manuals are available at the end of the project in a format as may be approved by the Client.
- Provide document control for all client/confidential documentation.
What you'll need
- Previous Document control experience
- Previous experience within utilities environment would be desirable
- Strong understanding of document control systems
- Good attention to detail and able to work pro actively both individually and as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
What you'll get
- Salary of up to £26,500 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Company Pension
- Online shopping discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
This role is likely to be highly sought after, so if you are interested please apply with your CV or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.