Commercial Manager – East Region
Are you an experienced Commercial Manager in the Infrastructure sector, interested in joining an industry leading client on a HE Contract?
Would you be interested in not only managing a team and the commercial processes, but also implementing change and driving improvement?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading company who are responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK's highways network, delivering specialist highway services across the largest highways maintenance portfolio within the UK, including strategic road network, DBFO motorway and trunk roads, and the local authority network.
My client are now seeking a Commercial Manager to manage the performance and development of the commercial team, responsible for all commercial functions associated with the HE East division (Area 6 & 8).
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a commercial team of approx. 12 people, spread across Norfolk, Essex, Suffolk, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Cambridgeshire, liaising with a demanding client and the wider operational team.
- Providing monthly reports to the Operations (monthly)
- To liaise with the employer on commercial and contractual matters.
- To ensure that all Commercial processes for the contract are fit for purpose and operate efficiently.
- To manage the performance and development of the commercial team
- To ensure robust processes, tools and governance arrangements are in place to enable consistent and compliant commercial performance
- To ensure robust and manageable contracts are in place with supply chain partners
- To manage and lead the team in developing works estimates
- To ensure all sub-contractor instructions are clear and accurate
- To ensure that sub-contracts are in place for all supply chain partner whom are sub-contractors
- To support the team in final accounting with the Employer and supply chain partners
- To provide timely and accurate commercial information to support periodic employer and monthly business cycle management
- To ensure that all Commercial management and reporting is correctly implemented and complied with in conjunction with operational and contract managers
- Budget monitoring and budget certainty
- Identify and notify core Early Warnings and Compensation Events
- Support the Divisional Manager on the development and maintenance of the contract Risk and Opportunity Register
- Experience in within TMC (Term Maintenance Contract) sector
- NEC contract knowledge
- Experience managing overall Contract performance
- Membership of relevant professional institution (RICS)
- Flexible in terms of hours worked and attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project together eServe MIS
- Strong analytical capability to extract root cause and failure modes
- Ability to liaise with operational teams to influence performance results
- Communication of complex analysis into simple formats that are understandable to all parties
In addition to the above, we are ideally seeking an individual with Highways or civils experience, who has managed a commercial team previously and can demonstrate examples of managing a demanding client.
Someone who can implement leadership on how the contract would and should develop is key, as is the ability manage a large team across a large geographical area with a collaborative approach.
with ideas on how to improve commercial processes, profitability and performance.
as is the ability manage a large team across a large geographical area with a collaborative approach.
- Permanent Position
- £70,000 - £75,000 per annum
- Company Car or Allowance
- 20% bonus incentive
- Relocation considered.
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading Highways company. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745530959 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.