Commercial Manager (Highways Term Maintenance Contract)
Salary: £75,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor with Highways experience, interested in joining an industry leading client on a HE Contract?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading company who are responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK's highways network, delivering specialist highway services across the largest highways maintenance portfolio within the UK, including strategic road network, DBFO motorway and trunk roads, and the local authority network.
My client are now seeking a Commercial Manager to manage the performance and development of the commercial team, responsible for all commercial functions associated with the HE East division (Area 6 & 8).
This successful candidate will be responsible for managing a junior team of 5 with the view to increasing this 9. Although a proven commercial manager is preferred, Senior Quantity surveyors with strong client engagement skills will be considered.
- Providing monthly reports to the Operations (monthly)
- To liaise with the employer on commercial and contractual matters.
- To ensure that all Commercial processes for the contract are fit for purpose and operate efficiently.
- To manage the performance and development of the commercial team
- To ensure robust processes, tools and governance arrangements are in place to enable consistent and compliant commercial performance
- To ensure robust and manageable contracts are in place with supply chain partners
- To manage and lead the team in developing works estimates
- To ensure all sub-contractor instructions are clear and accurate
- To ensure that sub-contracts are in place for all supply chain partner whom are sub-contractors
- To support the team in final accounting with the Employer and supply chain partners
- To provide timely and accurate commercial information to support periodic employer and monthly business cycle management
- To ensure that all Commercial management and reporting is correctly implemented and complied with in conjunction with operational and contract managers
- Budget monitoring and budget certainty
- Identify and notify core Early Warnings and Compensation Events
- Support the Divisional Manager on the development and maintenance of the contract Risk and Opportunity Register
- Experience in within TMC (Term Maintenance Contract) sector
- Experience managing overall Contract performance
- Membership of relevant professional institution
- Enthusiasm, team player
- Flexible in terms of hours worked and attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project together eServe MIS
- Strong analytical capability to extract root cause and failure modes
- Ability to liaise with operational teams to influence performance results
- Communication of complex analysis into simple formats that are understandable to all parties
- Good interpersonal skills both in 1 to 1 and group/meeting situations
- Ability to lead a business improvement culture and deliver through teams
- Experience of technical report writing
- Ability to Investigate trends, opportunities and ideas for cost-saving improvements.
Salary on offer is £75,000 - £80,000 per annum with a fully expensed company car.
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading Highways company. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on 07889 214 154 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.