We are looking for a Full Time Commercial Assistant to assist the commercial team with the administration of our cost reporting. The successful applicant may also be required to undertake other duties in support of the commercial team which will include a variety of tasks such as data entry and reconciliation.
You will be joining a team who provide a range of highway maintenance and improvement services to Somerset County Council and have done so since 1996.
The successful applicant's principal duties will focus on the administration of a cost reporting project and provision of admin support to the commercial team. Key responsibilities will include:
· Maintenance and improvement local data management systems
· Ad-hoc duties as requested by the Senior Quantity Surveyor
· Assisting with commercial reconciliation
· Provide general administrative support to the commercial team
· Good general IT skills are essential, ideally the successful applicant will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
· A working knowledge of Visual Basic is desirable
· Ability to deliver accurate and concise information to a range of stakeholders
· Ability to effectively plan their workload, to maintain a methodical approach, and be consistent and conscientious at all times
· Ability to identify solutions for potential process inefficiencies
The right person
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualities and attributes:
· Ability to work both as part of a team and on own initiative
· Enthusiastic, self-motived, and able to work with focus
· Organised, efficient, and able to produce work to a high level of accuracy
· Ability to react positively to change and is confident to challenge in an appropriate and effective manner
Our business is as much about our behaviours as it is our technical capability, we are looking for every member of every team to encourage and share the same behaviours.
The client has confirmed that they have complied with the governments guidance of managing the risk of Covid-19 and you will receive training on their Covid-19 safeguarding procedures. If your roles dictates, or the client confirms that your roles is to be based from home, they will support your home working, and you will be provided with all the relevant information.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Michael Hayward at Carrington West on 02393 876042.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Michael at Carrington West on 02393 876042 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.
£15 per hour
02393 876 042
25 days ago