Looking for a Civil Engineer role within the Water and Utilities sectors?
Our client a leading contractor who are working on a water and wastewater infrastructure contract have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to support their growing workload.
As a Civil Engineer you will carry out site visits and surveys which includes inspections, assessment and support for sub-contractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Be able to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Prepare feasibility studies, inspections assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Management Systems including Health & safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Prepare design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate identify innovation/best practice for consideration
- Engineering degree qualified
- Working towards Chartered or Incorporated (CEng/IEng) or equivalent relevant experience
- Previous utility industry knowledge and experience is desirable but not essential
- Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
- Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
- Matched Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities to progress in a successful company.
- Life Assurance
- The option to take out Personal Accident Insurance
- The option to partake in Payroll giving
- Salary Finance - an online portal offering financial support via articles, videos and blogs. You can apply for loans and savings schemes via payroll
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holidays
- Cycle to work Scheme.
If interested please do apply with your up-to-date CV, alternatively if you know of anyone who may be suitable, please do pass this on.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.