Role: CAD Technician - Utilities
Location: Iver, Herts
Salary: Up to 40k (depending on skillset and experience)
Type: Full-time permanent
Are you an experienced or up-and-coming CAD Technician looking for a new opportunity in a well-established utilities environment, assisting a national company to win business and continue to grow?
I'm working with a thriving telecommunications and multi-utility firm working across the UK. The client has won multiple awards across their infrastructure builds and has a fantastic ethos when it comes to internal progression and development of their workers.
Due to ongoing growth they currently have an opening for a CAD Technician to join their one of their satellite offices near Slough. You will be responsible for the creation of technical drawings and plans, editing, validation, publication and submission of a variety of service records using AutoCAD and Adobe.
- Creation of 'as-laid' records, editing, validation, publication and submission of service records using AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat.
- Creation, preparation and amendment of AutoCAD drawings and other electronic documentation.
- Assisting with the preparation and publication of project related and tender documentation.
- Occasional site visits to carry out progress surveys using GNSS and by taking measurements and photographs to accurately plot newly installed utility service routes and other related construction works.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate for the role.
- Graduate in relevant academic field
- AutoCAD 2D & 3D to an advanced level
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Full UK Driving licence
- Previous experience with recording utility network installations (desirable)
- Land Surveying / Civil Engineering background (desirable)
- Experienced in AutoCAD Map3D / Civil 3D / GIS (desirable)
We expect this role to prove popular so if you feel you could be well suited to the position, please apply asap with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for further information.