Job Role - Buyer (Construction and Decommissioning)
Location - Dorset
Contract Length - 6 Months
Pay Rate - Up to £400 a Day
I am looking to talk to candidates who are able to work on site in a buyer/procurement capacity for one of the most exciting projects on the South coast.
You will need to be based on the site in Dorset and able to manage your own work load whilst demonstrating knowledge and ability in procuring and buying construction equipment and plant.
If you are an experienced buyer looking to further your career in a highly regulated industry then please read on.
- Responsible for raising Purchase Orders and associated paperwork for day to day site requirements.
- Expediting of purchase orders, particularly with longer lead times.
- Assistance maintaining trackers for hire equipment and limit of liability orders (call offs)
- Checking supplier payment applications to Purchase Orders and Delivery Notes - escalating any mismatches
- Foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually improve the quality of service delivered by the procurement and supply chain team
- Producing / requesting regular reports to key stakeholders
- Dealing with invoice disputes
- Conducting simple Requests For Quotation (RFQ)
- Conducting Supplier Pre-qualification exercises
- Assistance with new supplier approvals
- Assistance with Technical Queries (TQ) log for RFQ's
- Assistance with documentation for supplier disputes / claims
- Researching potential sources of supply / markets
- Communication of contracts / framework agreements to site project team & wider the Procurement team
- Excellent written & verbal communications using personal effectiveness to get desired results
- Good commercial awareness and understanding
- A customer focused approach
- Ability to work under own initiative and adapt to changing situations
- Ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making
This is a fantastic opportunity with a brilliant company and the role will go fast so if you're interested please call on 02393 876037 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org