Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location: Falmer (option of hybrid / remote working)
Annual Salary: Up to £35,000 dependant on experience
Additional: Company car / car allowance
Other: Company pension and life assurance
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a key contractor specialising in the repair and maintenance of wastewater networks across the South-East of England. They have 100 years combined experience in wastewater and sewerage infrastructure support and can offer both a well-established and forward-thinking working environment.
They are currently looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor (QS) to assist in maintaining commercial control and oversight of direct labour, subcontractors, plant, material and admin costs across a range of projects. You will be required to support on project valuation, cost control and cost management as well as validating progress data to ensure accurate reports to clients and central management.
- Knowledge, understanding and administration of respective entitlements and obligations under the main contract and sub-contracts.
- Administration of contract records.
- Assisting the management of sub-contract payments including negotiation of subcontract variations and monitoring and reconciliation of contra-charge accounts.
- Collation of accurate information for monthly cost / value reconciliations and contract reviews.
- Weekly cost / value report generations.
- Assist with target cost generation.
- Assist with the production of financial and statistical reports as required.
- Close liaison with, and provision of assistance to, operational and support staff.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post.
Key skills and attributes:
- Experience in a similar role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of NEC 3 & 4 Contracts
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Use of Microsoft Office applications - intermediate knowledge of Excel
- UK Driving License
- Preferably Working towards Diploma or Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.