Assistant QS - Construction / Utilities
Role: Assistant QS
Salary: Up to £40k
Location: Cambridge (hybrid)
Type: Full-time permanent
Additional: Car allowance, 25 days annual leave, day off for birthday, company pension scheme
Carrington West are delighted to present an exciting new opportunity alongside our client who are an up and coming Utilities and Civil Engineering contractor who specialise in the in the construction and management of a range of utility connections including electrical, water and telecoms. In addition the Civil Construction arm of the business undertake work on a variety of schemes, from small foundations to full civil structures within Power generation and water management.
Due to continued growth within the business they are now looking for an Assistant QS to join their established commercial team.
- Collaborate with departments across all teams to improve cost effectiveness and ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Maintain budgets for developments, assist in the preparation of site budgets and undertake site valuations.
- Have responsibility for processing all contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders including payments, variation orders and day works.
- Liaise with subcontractors in order to ensure sufficient resources are available and assist in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs which relate to shared cost items.
- Assist with makeup of valuations and final accounts.
- Administration of commercial aspects.
- Ensure the company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times.
- Relevant degree or Qualification
- Previous experience in construction desirable
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to organise and manage time effectively, taking responsibility for own projects
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed
- Have a strong commercial awareness and focus on results
- Strong numerical and IT skills
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.