Role: Asset Integration Engineer (water)
Duration: 6 - 12 months
pay: Inside IR35 flexible rates
My client, a leading water authority are on the search for an experienced asset integration engineer to join their large, and complex projects across their territory.
To deliver quality in the successful and seamless Integration of assets throughout the whole delivery process; safeguarding any site, process, regulatory and statutory requirements and ensuring changes required to operate the new plant as BAU are effectively managed while maximising benefits to Thames Water.
This role will be Inside IR35.
The site offices are based in either Reading or Hampton, however, the client has expressed that they are, happy to consider home working.
Health, Safety, Wellbeing and Environment
- Promoting the Thames Water Three Zeros culture throughout the delivery process.
- Supporting the wellbeing of team members and colleagues.
- Monitoring compliance with environmental requirements in asset design, delivery and testing, monitoring delivery performance and working with contractors to address issues and improve.
- Confirming new asset conformance with H&S requirements, driving resolution of issues.
Definition and Design
- Engaging with Asset Management and Operations; identifying synergies and using lessons learned from previous projects to influence effective designs.
- Ensuring project objectives are clear and agreed by all stakeholders, including clear project scope, Asset Information Requirements (AIR) and requirements for Take Over.
- Supporting contractor and Operations liaison during the design process, promoting innovation, best practice, and compliance with quality standards; planning for commissioning as part of the design process, system integration, operability and maintainability.
- Supporting key design reviews (Solutions review / Challenge Workshop, HAZOP, HAZCOM, SWIFT.
- Verifying Operations capability and capacity to operate new assets as BAU, escalating issues and supporting resolution.
- Verifying and approving project plans (Project Delivery Plan, Commissioning Plan, test plans).
- Identifying risks and issues; reporting to key stakeholders; working with stakeholders to resolve.
- Liaising with Operations and contractors to agree site access, outages to support construction, integration, commissioning, training and Take Over.
- Liaising with Operations and contractors to agree passing through key milestones (Start on Site, start of commissioning, Construction Completion).
- Assessing and reporting project progress, acting to rectify issues and escalating where necessary.
- Monitoring and reviewing component (FAT / SAT) testing and commissioning, ensuring all commissioning activities defined in the commissioning plan are satisfactorily completed.
- Monitoring and reporting on commissioning progress, ensuring issues are raised with and addressed by the deliverer.
- Reviewing training plans and progress to ensure all training requirements are covered.
- Liaising with Operations and contractors to agree ownership and responsibilities during the Take Over process.
- Monitoring and approving Take Over testing and reporting.
- Agreeing post Take Over works.
- Verifying readiness for Take Over; approving PAD and liaising with Operations on Take Over status.
Post Take Over support
- Liaising with Operations and contractors to agree schedules and monitor delivery of post Take Over works.
- Following up with Operations after Take Over to identify issues in asset performance and reliability.
- Facilitating Lessons Learned reviews
- Liaising with Operations and contractors to manage the defects process.
- Liaising with Operations and contractors to arrange Performance Testing.
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC or above in an appropriate engineering subject or significant experience in similar role
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate or SMSTS (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of processes used in Water / Waste Water / Networks as appropriate.
- Understanding of the development of design, construction and operation of infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication and influencing
- tactical planning
- Technical Knowledge and ability to assimilate new information
- Innovative problem solving
- Team working
- Self management
- Accepts accountability
- Attention to detail
- Pragmatic negotiation and arbitration
- Develops strong relationships
£350 - 450 per day
02393 876 060
8 days ago
Role: Asset Integration Engineer (water)