Role: Application/Sales Engineer
Location: Cheshire (hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £50,000 p/a plus package
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Are you a self-starting, motivated sales/application engineer who has worked in the industrial water treatment industry and is looking for a fresh new opportunity for the new year?
Carrington West are pleased to announce an exciting new role with our client who are leading water treatment specialist both within the UK and international markets. They are looking for an experienced Application/Sales Engineer to grow their portfolio and manage existing accounts.
You will be working with clients, sales, engineering, operations teams and vendors to propose and develop unmatched engineering solutions for technology based on given application.
- Responsible for the technical solution development following adequate discovery and interpretation of client drawings, specifications, schematics and requirements to develop a competitive & profitable solution at initial project stage.
- Understand the companies technology and strategic objectives.
- Develop viable preliminary system designs within their strategic scope, including prices and material lists (e.g. designing custom system pricing by evaluating associated costs, getting quotes from subcontractors, calculating estimated project margins, etc.)
- Support the purchasing team in developing RFQ's and the technical evaluation of proposals.
- Once a contract is won, effectively specify the key details of the contract and deliverables to the engineering and operations team to enable detailed design and fulfilment.
- Support the sales team to over-achieve sales targets by providing the technical support necessary to exceed the customers' expectations and secure profitable business.
- To develop relationships with key customers engineering contacts and provide pre-sales technical support for internal and external customers.
- Review customer information including drawings, specifications, schematics, etc. and support the Sales team to qualify opportunities
- Provide exceptional written technical proposals to support the sales team's commercial proposals.
- Marketing support, such as attending conferences, presenting at webinars, drafting content for technical papers and case studies, etc.
- Attend client meetings and exhibitions as required
- Provide sales with responses to technical questions and customer feedback
- Experience within the industrial wastewater treatment sector
- Considered a subject matter expert in wastewater treatment technologies and process
- Multi-discipline experience (Sales and Engineering/Operations) of wastewater treatment processes and equipment
- Experience of calculating Capex and Opex for different wastewater treatment technologies
- Experience of working for an OEM company
- Experience of working for an EPC company
- Municipal wastewater treatment
The client are looking to move quickly on this position so if you feel you are suited to this role, then either apply via the advert, e-mail your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 02393876023 for further info.