What we need
Travel Planning Advisor - Marketing and Curriculum
Winchester, with some home working.
Hours per Week
Negotiable but between 7 and 14 hours per week
Likely duration of work
Until Summer 2022
Are you interested in the health, environmental and safety impacts of travel and transport? Would you like to work with to help raise awareness of these impacts and to bring about a positive change?
The Travel Planning Team supports schools with the development and implementation of their travel plans which aim to encourage more children and adults to travel actively and sustainably. We are looking for a dedicated individual who can assist the team and schools though the development of sustainable travel resources, such as lesson plans, and event materials e.g. for our annual challenges. Through this role you will need to liaise with both external and internal agencies and stakeholders to ensure a holistic approach.
You should have relevant experience at an appropriate level in a related discipline, such as education, have excellent communication and presentation skills, and be able to prioritise your workload effectively. You must be able to meet the travel requirement of this role, where this maybe appropriate.
You'll be highly motivated and flexible team player, who will be able to approach a variety of tasks with confidence and clarity and be able to work using your own initiative.
Above all we're seeking to recruit people who share our commitment to and passion for our values and able to demonstrate how they have put these values into practice in their work - could this be you?
- Making a difference- Working Together- Ambitious to Improve- Commitment to Quality
What you will do
Contribute to and support the delivery of Hampshire's Travel Planning service, under the behavioural change programme, My Journey Hampshire, in order to promote, inform, inspire and enable a positive change in travel behaviour and physical activity across Hampshire and beyond.
Policy and Strategy Development
- Assist with the consultation of with key internal and external stakeholders on ensuring key policy areas are linked into school resources and materials.
- Awareness of the travel planning process with the use of Modeshift STARS,- an online travel planning and accreditation system, and how marketing and resources can support schools on the implementation of their travel plan.
- Assist with the delivery of travel planning programmes of work, working with key partners and stakeholders where appropriate to ensure effective, cohesive and meaningful delivery.
- Monitor the effectiveness of resources and challenges against designated targets
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of services made available through the My Journey branding.
- Where appropriate, provide support with the preparation of information in connection with the management of budgets.
- Where required, assist at public events, or with the setting up for events, to promote My Journey.
- Prepare written and verbal reports on project progress and consultation.
- Prepare technical reports (including project briefs)
- Prepare presentations to a variety of audiences
- Advise others on the development and implementation of travel planning resources
Advise schools and teachers on how best to utilise resources and challenges effectively within schools and educational establishments.
- Attend meetings to discuss individual initiatives.
-Allocate tasks to junior members of staff when required.
Prioritisation of workload to ensure effective time management.
- Make best use of available IT systems.
- Corporate and statutory initiatives - equalities/health and safety/e-government/ sustainability
- Maintain an awareness of other related Corporate and Departmental initiatives.
What you need to succeed
- A-Level or equivalent level qualification or experience
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and complexities of travel and transport, and the impact that this can have on both physical and mental health, personal and road safety, congestion and air quality.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a wide range of audiences.
- Experience at the appropriate level in relatable discipline
- Good presentation skills
- An ability to influence and persuade others.
- To be passionate about what the team aims to achieve and want to make a difference to the residents of Hampshire and demonstrate this through your previous experience.
- Being a good team player and also be able to work independently without supervision.
- To meet the travel requirements of the job
·A good knowledge and proven experience of developing resources and working with designers and the end users.
·A Degree or equivalent level qualification or experience in fields of work that would be of relevance or interest to the team
·Experience of working on a behavioural change campaign.
·Experience and knowledge of working in a political environment, for example meeting with local politicians
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.