Up to £24 per hour
What we need
Our client, a busy local authority in South West London, is working with Carrington West to secure a Coordinator for their Streetworks team.
What the job is for
Be responsible to the Senior Network Co-Ordinator for assisting in the application of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) as amended by the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) and the London Permitting Scheme (LoPS).
What you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Permit Applications are correctly received and assessed.
- Assess Permit Applications for accuracy and potential breaches of the Acts and Scheme,
- Undertake continuous monitoring of Permit applications, major projects and programmes to identify works clashes and collaboration opportunities
- Produce, maintain and analyse records of all street works activities.
- Assist in coordinating and challenging works utility companies on their works arrangements
- Liaison with the Inspection and Enforcement officers, assist in coordinating all highways activities alongside those activities notified via the LoPS.
- To attend site meetings with the representative of the Metropolitan Police, Transport for London and Utility Companies to co-ordinate highways activities.
- Advise on appropriate traffic management requirements for works sites considering the need for operative and public safety.
What you will need to succeed:
- High level of knowledge, understanding and experience of working with the New Roads and Street Works Act.
- Detailed knowledge, including the practical application of legislation relating to the LoPS, TMA 2004, Highway Act 1980 and NRSWA 1991
- Basic understanding of income generation
- Understanding of local government and contract management
- New Roads and Street Works qualification
What you will get in return
Working for a fantastic organisation, you will be joining an already strong and well developed streetworks team. You will be paid £24.00per hour (umbrella)
What to do now
If you are interested in this job a match the criteria, please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.