Our client specializes in providing comprehensive ecological services to support landscape development projects and assess the potential ecological impact on the environment. They are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Ecologist to join our team of dedicated ecological consultants in Worthing.
- Conduct ecological surveys, including Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys for developments and Ecology Phase 1 Habitat Surveys for flora, fauna, and protected species.
- Perform detailed Phase 2 Habitat Surveys, including bat surveys, and assessments for reptiles, amphibians, badgers, dormice, and invertebrates.
- Collect and analyse data to assess the ecological conditions and biodiversity of specific areas.
- Provide expert advice on ecological matters and recommend appropriate mitigation measures to minimize the environmental impact of development projects.
- Collaborate with landscape architects, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate ecological considerations into landscape design plans.
- Prepare detailed ecological reports, impact assessments, and management plans for clients.
- Stay up to date with relevant ecological legislation, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Maintain accurate records of survey findings, data analysis, and other ecological information.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ecological monitoring programs.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in conducting ecological surveys, including Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and Phase 2 Habitat Surveys.
- Proficient in identifying flora, fauna, and protected species, as well as their habitats.
- Strong knowledge of ecological assessment methodologies and survey techniques.
- Familiarity with relevant ecological legislation, guidelines, and conservation policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities, including the ability to produce clear and concise reports.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using ecological survey tools, GIS software, and statistical analysis software is desirable.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to survey sites.
Our client offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to meaningful ecological projects. As an Ecologist, you will play a crucial role in assisting clients in understanding and mitigating the ecological impact of their development projects. If you are passionate about environmental conservation, possess strong ecological survey skills, and thrive in a challenging yet rewarding environment, we would love to hear from you.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.