Thames Water has gone out to tender with a framework contract for goods on the laboratory supplies framework worth an estimated £15.92 million in total.
The water company intends to award 1 or more agreements for goods on the framework which will apply across both water and wastewater, either directly or on its behalf by its contractors.
The framework is being tendered in the following Lots:
- Lot 1 – Supply of Instrument Parts
- Lot 2 – Supply of Consumables and General Lab Equipment
- Lot 3 – Standards
- Lot 4 – Supply of Sampling Bottles
- Lot 5 – Microbiology — Media testing and Reference Materials
- Lot 6 – Water Sampling and Testing Equipment: E.coli and Coliforms and Cryptospordium.
Thames Water envisages that the agreement will be awarded for an initial term of 5 years with options to extend up to a maximum duration of 8 years.
The utility is looking to appoint up to ten suppliers to the framework agreement – all suppliers must complete a pre-qualification questionnaire.