An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Contracts and Commissioning Manager to come and join our busy client in Cheshire and manage the specification, procurement, co-ordination, and operation of a range of public and client (Children's & Adult Social Care) transport services.
The main duties of the Transport Contracts and Commissioning Manager are:
- Lead teams ensuring the most effective recruitment, development, motivation and deployment of staff, to ensure service objectives, key tasks and client department requirements are achieved.
- Maximise the strategic cost effective planning, procurement, operation, management and co-ordinated development of all aspects of public and client passenger transport services in accordance with corporate and legislative requirement
- Develop and implement robust Service Level Agreements with clients to ensure definition of appropriate eligibility criteria, resource specifications, transport budgets and management information.
- Strategic leadership of passenger transport vetting and safeguarding requirements, risk management and associated performance monitoring procedures, ensuring that service delivery meets required standards of safety and quality, particularly for vulnerable service users.
- Manage the use of external supplier and in house fleet resources to deliver best vehicle and staff utilisation and quality of service provision in line with SLA and public transport contract requirements.
- Manage the term contract for vehicle maintenance and lead on vehicle replacement, acquisition and disposal programmes in line with EU legislation and Council procurement processes.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email.