Job Role - Static Mechanical Engineer
Location - Aberdeen
Contact Length - 12 Months
Pay Rate - £75 hour (INSIDE IR35)
DEMONSTRABLE EXPERINCE IN OFFHSORE AND OFFSHRE OIL + GAS REQUIRED
My client is looking for a chartered engineer who has extensive experience working on offshore/onshore projects in the Oil + Gas industry who can bring vast amounts of technical knowledge in this field.
Day to day duties:
- Define and drive short, medium and long term improvements for offshore operations whilst being accountable for providing mechanical engineering support to the offshore sector.
- Ensure that reliability and availability of all the relevant static mechanical equipment is optimised to sure the safety of the asset is upheld and the targets for production are met.
- Act as the first line for all onshore project support and troubleshooting, including fact/fault finding queries are handled relating to static mechanical equipment. This will include the day to day delivery of mechanical engineering support for site operations related queries/activities/risks to deliver safe reliable and compliant operations
- Ensure there is good communications between the wider engineering team and identify ways in which this could be improved.
- Have the ability to support management of change reviews of any plant modifications, as well as being able to review deferral of safety critical risk managements.
- Develop excellent working relationships with the teams of offshore production operations, discipline engineers and others as appropriate
- Understand the mechanical engineering risks are understood, controlled and continuously reduced.
- Performs follow-up actions and observations from self-verification checks that ae related to mechanical engineering.
- Degree in engineering or relevant experience and professional qualification
- Professional accreditation e.g. chartered engineer (UK)
- SIGNIFICANT EXPERINCE in either an internal or external engineering role
- Offshore/onshore experience on an operating site
- Technical knowledge and experience in engineering and someone who has a sound knowledge of relevant codes of industry including standards and regulations and he ability to initiate guidance on the appropriate designs and systems