Site Supervisor - Highways
Are you a Highways Site Supervisor with experience of the high-speed network or UK Major projects?
Does the idea of collaborating with Major Service Providers to Highways England excite you?
If yes - this could be the move for you!
My client deliver both new build and maintenance schemes for civil infrastructure and highways across the UK, with a multi skilled workforce who can successfully deliver any project from a footpath installation to a full highway construction.
We now looking to appoint a Site Supervisor on a permanent basis to work across the Newmarket/Cambridge/Ipswich/Colchester area. As a Site Supervisor, it is essential you have the ability to work both nights /days.
- Check everyone working on site has the required level of competency to carry out their role
- Ensure all works are carried out to the required specification and standard
- Raise near misses and safety observations both positive and negative
- Ensure that all plant & machinery provided for the works is suitable and that it is in good working order and kept clean. In addition, they must ensure vehicles are kept clean and tidy on the inside
- Ensure all vehicle and plant checks are completed on a daily basis and before the vehicle / item of plant is used during that shift
- Complete weekly plant return for plant under their remit
- Ensure all Vehicle Packs within their site crews are well maintained & operatives familiar with the content
- Ensure site related paperwork, electronic daily diary and systems are completed and submitted as required.
- Ensure all sites are left clean and tidy at the end of each shift
- Collate information for the H&S file and prepare for submission to the principal designer
- Assess worker competency and complete assessments for Carnell employees
- Ability to read and interpret site drawings and specifications.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Effectively and efficiently plan, organise and direct site operatives to ensure programmes and deadlines are met.
- Develop effective and efficient work teams and motivate individuals to meet targets.
- Experience in the highways sector - preferably high speed network
- Minimum 2 years Civil engineering experience, including Earthworks, Deep Drainage, Concrete slot drains, ducting, kerbing, manholes, crossings, trench boxes
- CSCS Supervisor Card
- NRSWA Accreditation
- CPCS Training in Excavators/Dupers/Rollers and/or HIAB
- Ability to tow trailers
- Ability to read plans and drawings
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional attitude and ability to operate without supervision
- Capable of teaching and developing operatives
- Good commercial awareness
- An understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Full clean driving licence
- Have an appreciation of BOQ and identify any commercial issues to CM & QS
- Permanent position
- Location: Newmarket/Cambridge/Ipswich/Colchester
- Salary - £140 per day + 30% uplift for night shifts
- Van and Fuel card,
- Death in service,
- 25 days hols + Bank hols
- Private Healthcare
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading Highways company. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on 07889 214 154 for more information.