Up to £300 per day
What we need
Carrington West are pleased to be working with our client, a highways maintenance contractor, to find a Site Engineer/Setting out Engineer for a 3 month contract based in Essex.
What you will do
As the Site Engineer / Setting Out Engineer will be working on a Highways projects.
- Working with the site team
- Undertaking site surveys and collating as-built information including quality control of onsite operations
- On site engineering support, setting out plot footprints, roads or other features as required
- Use of hand held GPS rovers, total stations and occasional precise levelling surveys.
- Production of cut/fill analysis, volumetric’s and ground modelling
- Ensure the delivery of programme is within deadline and agreed budget
- Provide assistance to other Engineers
- Assist Site Manager with the initial site setup
- Check drawings and plans, quantities for accuracy
- Liaise with local authorities to ensure compliance with regulations and legislation.
What you will need to succeed
- Experience in surveying (volume reporting), modelling, AutoCad, LSS software, Trimble GPS machine control and setting out.
- The ideal Site Engineer / Setting Out Engineer will have a degree within Civil Engineering however a degree within Construction with experience on Site would also be considered.
- A Driving Licence and use of your own vehicle.
- At least 2+ years experience working on a live Highways site and experience in setting out, Autocad and use of Total Stations and LSS software.
What to do now
If you are interested in this job and fit the criteria, please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.