Job Role - Senior Structural Engineer
Location - Clyde
Contract Length - 12 Months
Pay Rate - £45 hour (Inside IR35)
I am looking to speak with senior structural engineers who have experience in working on major defence projects and working closely with he end client on sensitive projects.
This role will require the client to have a proven, successful track record of delivery on design projects on major programmes and have credibility and competence of technical excellence in such industries.
Although this role can be completed remotely, candidates who live or who are willing to live near the site will be prioritized. Although this role is a contract role the client is looking to build a team of engineers for the entire project scope (7-10 years).
- The individual must be Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering including MICE or MIStructE.
- Extensive post graduate experience in structural engineering on defence / major projects
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability
- Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein is desirable.
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time, to budget and to the required levels of quality.
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations)
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor our growing team
- Client and stakeholder interfacing
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery
- Undertaking calculations and all associated design documentation
- Assisting with technical development of our capabilities and our organisation's individual Engineers and Technicians to attain industry recognised Professional qualifications
Due to the nature of this project we can only consider candidates who have or have had SC clearance AND are a sole UK national with a UK citizenship.