What we need:
Carrington West are seeking an available and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for a contract job to work on a Highways major project Contractor in the South East.
As the successful candidate you will manage all costs and contracts relating to a specific project being undertaken by the business. As QS you will deal with the initial calculations to the final figures. You must seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
What you will do:
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value determination.
- Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures.
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
- Commercial management and contract administration.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Asset capitalization.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Cost management process.
- Assessing the additional costs of design variations, and providing substantiation
- Production of company pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company policies.
- Aid support and guidance on commercial issues
What you will need to succeed:
- Qualified in Quantity Surveying
- Experience within a similar Highways based role
- Commercially astute - working knowledge of standard forms of contract and standard methods of measurement
- NEC3 and preferably NEC4 experience
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Literate and Numerate
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to deadlines and with minimum supervision
What to do now:
If you are interested in this job and match the criteria mentioned please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
£35 - 45 per hour
4 months ago
What we need: