Role: Senior Project Manager (Water & Environmental)
Location: West Sussex
Salary: Up to £75k + package depending on skillset and experience
Are you an experienced project manager or senior project manager looking for a new challenge with an award winning tier one contractor?
Do you have experience in the UK water sector and a proven track record of delivering large infra & non-infra schemes?
Carrington West are delighted to offer an exciting new opportunity with our client who are a large Tier 1 contractor working across a variety of sectors including Environmental and Utilities sectors.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to lead and deliver large complex projects, up to £40m in value, with responsibility for developing the delivery strategy and progressing the project through engineering, procurement and construction phases to final handover. The ideal candidate will have strong project management capability to maximise the safe and efficient delivery of the work as well as being able to proactively manage interfaces with stakeholders, accurately report and communicate on key issues, progress, risk and opportunities.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects which will provide them with stability as well as the chance to join diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
- Lead, organise, direct and manage the project team and supporting staff
- Identify resource requirements and support requirements, liaising with business unit managers
- Ensure the health, safety and environment performance of all operations under your control is managed to the highest standards and that appropriate action is taken whenever operations fail to meet legal or the Company's health and safety standards
- Developing the delivery strategy to meet the project KPI's
- Ensure adherence to the Asset Lifecycle Process (ALP), managing stages as required
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified, managed, contingency plans put in place and reported
- Make certain accurate records are kept and stored in line with the company requirements
- Ensure that the projects meet the quality KPI's and that corrective management is effectively applied where appropriate
- Stakeholder management and communication including the supply chain
- Monitor projects performance and providing reports that effectively communicate the status of progress, performance against budget, key issues and mitigations, forecasting the future position and quality KPI's
- Ensuring the projects are delivered to the BMS processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to ensure efficiency targets are met.
- Manage, reduce, and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Work with Client team members to jointly meet the project KPI's and jointly agree project performance reports
With this role there is a very competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. The client will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
This role is likely to be highly sought after, so if you feel you would be well suited to the position the please apply with an up to date CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for more information.