Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Oxford
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Building Services
My client is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Their core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering.
The business maintains a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of their strength in the depth and diverse range of activity. They have grown considerably since conception and now employ over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
As the demand from their client base continues to grow, they now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Building Services Engineering Team based at their head office in Oxford.
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, duties will include:
* Working as part of a design team delivering detailed mechanical building services design
* Undertaking detailed mechanical building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp.
* Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases
* Undertake surveys on mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
* Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
* Working to deliver engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
* Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
* Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
* Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
* Designing site-specific equipment as required
* Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
* Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
Experience and Qualifications:
* Ideally you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification .
* Ideally 3-4 years’ experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
* Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution.
* Experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
* Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp
* Ideally hold a full UK driving license
* You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between their clients and highly skilled project teams.
* You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills.
* 25 days holiday
* Company car or car allowance available if chartered
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 5% Contribution
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call Charlie Weeks on 02393 876048 or email